Monday, February 21, 2011

Love Your Heart Run 10K - maybe it should be called Love Your HURT Run!

Saturday was gorgeous! Sunny and 70s. My sweet Boo and I headed to Chewacla state park for the annual Love Your Heart Run 10K. We started the day off by spinning the Chik-fil-a wheel and i got a coupon for free dessert and Jaclyn got a free biscuit coupon. We then hit up the honey buckets and it was time to line up. Aubie got the crowd started with an awesome War Eagle and then we were off. Chewacla hills kicked my fanny! My quads are still shaking. Hill after hill after hilll. I survived the first four just fine but bonked quickly. I had to walk through the water stop at the 4 mile mark. After snorting my gatorade at the 2 mile stop i figured it was better to drink the gatorade than to inhale it. Anyhooo.....i did finish. It wasn't pretty....just under 1 hour. Why oh why does it take so blooming long for race directors to post the results????? And FlipFlopFoto, please hurry and post the pics! I can't wait to see the shot of me and my Boo with Aubie:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment